5 Digital Marketing Tips for Your HVAC Business
By Mobistreak on Nov 19, 2020
With temperatures soaring every year, there has never been a better time for the HVAC industry. While HVAC services have mostly stayed the same, the HVAC landscape has expanded by leaps and bounds. Traditional marketing is no longer effective in supporting and growing your business. Sure, leaflets, outdoor banners, and word-of-mouth may have helped your business in the past, but what would enable you to methodically attract new customers while measuring ROI effectively, is an effective digital marketing plan
As a small business, we know just how important marketing dollars are. As someone who works with heating and cooling professionals every day, we know just how valuable a successful HVAC digital marketing campaign can be and how its success translates to your bottom line.
As we head into 2021, marketing your small business will become even more crucial, if you have to increase leads, book jobs, and increase revenue.
Digital marketing is not easy, and to small business owners can even be a scary affair. If you’re new to digital marketing you may have questions like, “What is digital marketing? What does it include? Should I invest in HVAC digital marketing? Is it worth it?”
Take a look at a few examples of results digital marketing has gotten for HVAC contractors just like you so you understand how important it is and how marketing can make a difference to your revenue:
- 300% increase in HVAC web leads
- $90K in HVAC revenue with a 32:1 ROI during the slowest month of the year
- 794% ROI on HVAC PPC
- Doubled HVAC revenue with a 1,117% ROI
- $16.36 cost per HVAC lead and an ROI of 9:1 with Google Local Services ads
So, yes, Investing in digital marketing is worth it, but only if you do so wisely, with the right company, and with the right strategies in place.
Here are our top 5 tips to help you grow your HVAC business’s online presence online:
1. Build a professional website:
The first step of revamping your marketing efforts is to tidy up your website and create your online showroom. A website is a visual representation of your company, a wing of your sales team, and most importantly, the first place people will go to before they decide to trust you. Keeping this in mind, the website must appear professional with a solid landing page and a convincing Call-To-Action (CTA). Making it easy to navigate through your products while making it easy for people to get in touch with you will allow you to display your professionalism.
- To make sure people can find your organization when they need it, you will require SEO (search engine optimization) to help you rank high on Google’s search engine, or simply put, show up on the first result page.
- This can easily be accomplished by creating an SEO strategy with a list of keywords that your potential customers are searching for.
- You will have to develop high-quality content like blogs and knowledge articles that emphasize these keywords so you will rank higher.
2. Utilize Pay-Per-Click Advertising to attract high-value leads:
To accelerate the process of attracting potential customers, pay-per-click (PPC) ads serve as an excellent advertising model that directly targets individuals who require your service. PPC campaigns revolve around a keyword auction, where you are competing against other entities to bid for keywords. The keywords are based on how much you’re willing to pay for each click on your site. You also set a daily budget so that you never exceed your overall budget.
The main platforms to run ads are Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The most popular PPC platforms are Google and Facebook due to their ease of accessibility on mobile devices, which drive more than 90% of ad clicks.
Targeting your audience is vital to securing high-quality leads. Platforms like Facebook and Twitter allow you to target and refine the intended demography. Various types of filters like device type, location proximity, and age help you target those specific users.
To drive your sale home, you will require compelling and brief Call-To-Actions (CTA). To pique your audiences’ interest, offering them free quotes, discounts, freebies will nudge them straight into your lap.
3. Generate leads with Email Marketing:
Although commonly used as an HVAC marketing strategy, email marketing offers some of the best ROI in the industry. Some may see email marketing as a ‘shot in the dark’, others optimize the living daylight out of it and see substantial returns.
- Sending newsletters on a consistent schedule: Along with policy updates and new products, your newsletters can also sneak in offers, giveaways, exclusive content, and promotions.
- Optimize your email for mobile: Today. At least half of all emails are opened on a phone. Formatting for mobile and including clickable CTA’s will help you see higher ROI.
4. Video Marketing:
YouTube is a popular video platform with over 2 billion users. To make the most out of the video platform, you can engage your audience by providing various high-quality video content. Uploading recent trade shows, showing how HVAC systems works, and also behind-the-scenes videos make for some great content. Video content has been proven to improve conversions by 86%. Optimizing these videos for other platforms like Facebook can expand your reach and has its own perks, mainly autoplay and larger thumbnails.
5. Using social media marketing customer to build customer loyalty:
Maintaining a social media presence is critical in building relationships with your customers. More than 65% of consumers rely on social media for customer service. The best way to build customer loyalty online is by staying active. Responding to comments proactively and being aware of customer attitude will go a long way. Posting helpful content will result in more positive reactions. Platforms like Facebook have review columns, so staying ahead of negative feedback will establish confidence in your brand.
Digital marketing algorithms target users who are seeking answers to specific problems and guides them to your doorstep. More than two-thirds of all consumers research online before they purchase a product or service. Therefore, it is vital to include digital marketing in your marketing strategy.